Saturday, March 22, 2014

She's Crafty - Spring Bottles


I have a plethora of bottles and jars hanging around. They are from around the world (truly - there's some from Argentina and Mexico) and I keep them so that I can do crafty things with them. Like this project.

Easter's right around the corner. Since St. Patty's is already over I've started decorating for Spring. Bright pastel colored bottles were just the thing. 

I bought three colors of matte Rustoleum spray paint, pastels of purple, yellow, and blue. Funny thing. I painted yellow and blue two bottles each. Then I got to purple and this happened...


There was no paint cap on it to spray paint. So I just changed one from another color to this one. After a few coats of paint these bottles were looking pretty nice. Of course, after I figured out how to spray paint evenly. I'm still working on that one.


Along with the garland I made before, I think they tie the whole mantel piece together. This project was definitely a HIT.


No comments:

Post a Comment