Saturday, March 29, 2014

Books in Review: The Fixed Trilogy by Laurelin Paige



Earlier this week, I received an email from Amazon stating that I had money coming! You may have read about it in the news. I got a whopping $2.19. Now, I read a lot of books, so I'm going to chalk it up to I first got my kindle in December of 2011 and only bought 22 books between then and May of 2012. Some people, I read, though, received over $50, which is pretty impressive. I wish I was one of those people. Then I could buy more books.

I did buy a book (or trilogy) for $0.99 with my newly found giftcard balance. The Fixed Trilogy: Fixed on You, Found in You, Forever with You by Laurelin Paige. For that price and 853 pages I was sold. I didn't even look at the reviews. I lucked out on that, because it's a pretty awesome book series.

The book follows Alayna, a recent MBA grad looking to work her way up the ladder at a NYC club, and Hudson, an ultra hot, super rich, businessman (of course). Both have had less than stellar upbringings (Alayna's parents are dead, another of course, and Hudson was his mother's pawn against his unfaithful father). They're both working through their issues to become better people. But Alayna's working through her obsessive/stalking nature and Hudson is trying to stop playing games.

The book sets you up to be suspicious of every detail and every character. Is Hudson playing with Alayna? And just how does his sister and friend Celia fall into this? What about Sophia, his mother? Each book seems to focus on one part of the puzzle. But the seemingly solved issues are recurring in the next books as well, while you try and figure out what's up and what's down.

I like that the book gives Alayna some backbone unlike so many books that portray the female leads as spineless and ever conceding. But like most other books, sex is a central theme on how Alayna and Hudson stay connected. That always strikes me as odd, does sex really work all that well at solving things? Sure, you have physical chemistry but really? You bone and everything's better?

Anyway, the third book is the best. The last 15% of it wraps the story up nicely (I think). And I just want to say that I hate romance novels, because they write about such sweet things guys do and say. Can't that just happen in my life? Once? Hudson makes up for being a complete ass and Alayna gets her reluctant happily ever after.

The book previews Hudson which is the books from Hudson's point of view. Based on how well I think this trilogy was written, I'll be purchasing it. I feel like even though it's the same story with extra dialogue I still like it a whole lot. It's like rereading it but not. Does that make sense?

What are you reading right now? Anything good?

No comments:

Post a Comment