Thursday, March 20, 2014

She's Crafty - Holiday Garland


I mentioned a month ago an amazing hole punch I bought from Michael's with a 50% off coupon. Since I got that I have been going hole punch crazy. My husband thinks I've gone crazy too. Mainly because I make him help me. 

I've probably mentioned that I love Pinterest. Of course, I was pinspired to make a garland for the upcoming Easter holiday. Here's what I used for my Easter one:

6 Sheets of 12" x 12" Paper
3 1/2" Hole Punch
1/8" Hole Punch


Hobby Lobby had a paper crafting sale and I snagged this scrapbooking bundle for half price. It had adorable Easter paper with bunnies and chevrons. I had a few other pieces that fit right in with the color scheme.

After hole punching nine 3 1/2" holes in each 12" x 12" sheet, and I punched two teeny holes on either end. Then, I enlisted my handsome husband to help me string these bad boys with some hemp twine. This is the hard part. You string in the front and then out the back. The string would run up the back of each punch. 


Literally, stringing these bad boys all together takes FOREVER. But once it's done, it looks pretty damn cool. And it's one more part of my Easter mantel. Make sure you have a handsome helper on hand. 


I love the way this looks on my mantel right now. I'd say it's a HIT. Now, all the teeny hole punches I've made make me want to keep it all and make some confetti. That would be a project and a half - making all that confetti...I feel an idea coming on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment