Monday, January 5, 2015

Valentine's Day Candle Vases

Is it just me or have you, too, felt you fall behind on decorating for the holidays (aside from Christmas) and the season changes? Because I feel like it's just me. Or it could be I spend too much time on Pinterest. 


This year I'm determined to be on top of decorations. Like. ON. TOP. OF THAT. I even got my Valentine's Day Pinterest board going strong after Christmas. Overboard? Probably. Do I care? Nope.


I'm super excited though because I'm getting stuff ready slowly but surely. Starting with this candle vase I do every year. I got the berries off a Currant wreath I bought one year after they started falling out. I de-berried the wreath and put a bow on it instead. I got the vases at K-Mart when we were testing out centerpieces for my wedding. HELLO WEDDING-CYCLE. That's definitely not a word. But I feel like it could be. 

It totally could be.


Since I received the best gift ever for Christmas (my camera), I have been taking pictures like mad. To the point I'm dragging out chairs, climbing on step ladders, and laying on the ground in ridiculous positions to get "good" shots. I've been having a blast. Ryan? Not so much. I think of the 400+ pictures I've snapped so far, 200 or so are of him. Some of them may be while he's naked. But it's just for testing the light! I swear. Okay - they may be for blackmail later down the road. Right now I'm loving learning how to use the thing. 

Some other things I'd like to use...the freaking candles I seems to collect. I have about five dozen little ones, a couple pillar, and a dozen of the tall Yankee Candle jars. Yet I was still tempted to buy some at the store this past weekend. If only I didn't have to voice of reason standing next to me reminding me of my hoard...


Three down, countless to go.

What about you? Decorating for Valentine's Day yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment