Sunday, January 11, 2015

Three and a Half Years

If there's one question I get most often it's, "How long have you been married?"


This time I got it after I commented that I'm always late because it's hard saying goodbye to that face in the mornings. I live seven minutes away from work and I'm always five minutes late. It's my daily struggle.

You'd be late too though, right? I mean, look at that face. Imagine it still sleepy and cute in bed. It's rough leaving it.

So I got the, "Aww, how long have you been married?" I'm accustomed to. My response earned surprise, as it generally does. Then I was promptly reminded that I am not the norm in the world.  

But why? When did it become normal to not be over the moon in love with your partner? When did it become normal that you don't feel less than whole and maybe just a little lost without your other half? Shouldn't we all long for the time we spend with our chosen ones?

I think we need to start a revolution. One that changes how love looks, how it feels, and show how it changes us for the best.


Join me? Let's be examples. 

No comments:

Post a Comment