Wednesday, January 14, 2015

2015's Recipe Quest: Update 1

If you read my new year post, you'll know that one of my resolutions from this year is to try fifty-two new recipes. That equates to one a week. 

In my magical list of made up rules, I'm defining new recipes as ones we haven't made before, not necessarily something we haven't eaten before. I'm sure there will be weeks when it's something simple and other weeks when it's more elaborate. 

So here's what we dished up:

1. Cabbage Noodles
Roughly adapted from this recipe, we had a four pound head of cabbage that we needed something to do with. We made this huge batch of it and had it as a side dish for days. Now, we still have two pounds left of cabbage.

2. Carrot Bread
Um...I freaking came up with this by myself. I was feeling carrot cake, but wanted more of a bread. I adapted the recipe for zucchini bread, adding here and taking away there. It came out pretty fantastic and was great for breakfast. Especially sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon.


3. Meatballs
Personally I loved the recipe. We mixed things up a bit and did a half pork, half beef combo but Ryan thought it needed something more. I think he was rooting around for onions mixed in. I really hate to say it, but I think we'll keep looking for that great recipe. (But seriously I love this woman's blog - you should totally check it out)

4. Strawberry Swirl Smoothie
I based it off of this Nestle recipe but substituted a banana for the yogurt, since it's not a staple in our house. My bananas weren't exactly ripe ,which I think took away some flavor but, overall I enjoyed the texture and taste. 


Two weeks in and we already have four new recipe tallies. Here's how I'm calling 'em:

Keepers
Carrot Bread

Keeping but Tweaking
Cabbage Noodles
Strawberry Swirl Smoothie

Weepers
Meatballs

No comments:

Post a Comment