Wednesday, January 21, 2015

2015's Recipe Quest: Update 2

I'm sad to say that there's been a death in the LaBarge household. A true companion for the last two years, this hard worker finally broke.


It's my favorite cutting board and I couldn't bear to throw it away. I'm going to use my crafting skills to bring it back to a new life. Sort of like a phoenix, minus the burning.

While I mourn the lose of the best little cutting board that can't anymore, here's a list of what we dished up:

1. Sandwich Bread
I literally want to kiss the woman who posted this recipe. After two and a half years of trying, I made a fluffy white loaf of bread. To be fair, I gave up after the first year and have been too scared to try again. After reading the recipe was no knead, the part where I think my other breads broke down, I was on this like white on rice and thought about it for days. And heavens to Betsy it freaking worked. I'm making more this weekend. I'm going to experiment with adding some butter or sugar because it's a little "eh." Here's to not screwing it up!

2. Chicken Pesto Sandwich
Inspired by the picture accompanying this recipe, I made my own version of a chicken parm sandwich. One which involved the bread I freaking made, pesto, thick slices of tomato, and a mix of mozzarella and cheddar cheese surrounding a freshly cooked chicken cutlet. It tasted like heaven but would be an even better grilled on a panini press. I'm going to try that next time.

3. Spicy Coleslaw
I'm going to call this recipe a bust. I wasn't brave enough to try it and Ryan said it was pretty terrible by itself. He suggested adding it on top of a pulled pork sandwich but I'm not so sure. I still have tons of cabbage. What the eff am I going to do with it.

I was going to try one more recipe this week but a lack of parchment paper set me back. Total new recipes for 2015 is up to seven. Here's how the new ones shape up:

Keepers
- Nada - 

Keeping but Tweaking
Sandwich Bread
Chicken Pesto Sandwich

Weepers 
Spicy Coleslaw

No comments:

Post a Comment