Friday, April 18, 2014

Books in Review - Unbelonging and Rebelonging


I can't even begin to say how much I liked these books. I LOVED 'em. Earlier this week, I had an insomnia attack where I literally could not fall asleep and stayed up until 6:00am when I finally passed out. To get the clock to fly, I finished Unbelonging, which I had started earlier that day, and then proceeded to download and devour Rebelonging.

Written by Sabrina Stark, the books cover the story of Chloe and Lawton, a recent accounting grad and an underground fighter. Chloe's house-sitting/plant-sitting/dog-sitting in an upscale Detroit suburb and working at a deadend waitressing job with an idiotic manager while trying to find a job based on her degree. One day she walks right into Lawton, who's a new resident of the neighborhood and oh yea, billionaire. Side note: why are the girls always poor and the men get richer and richer? Anyway, the story builds and it's not like wham, bam, they're in a relationship. It seems to develop, at least I think.

Life, bitchy girls, and evil step moms make the story interesting. The story doesn't focus on Lawton's fighting so much like other books may. It's really about Chloe and how she progresses through supporting herself, little brother, and crazy grandmother. With misunderstandings and support characters a plenty, these books will have you occupied and enthralled for hours. I may even read them again. In fact, I know I will.

Needless to say, these books I'd definitely SPLURGE ON IT. When Illegal Fortunes, Bishop's story, hits Amazon, I'll be buying that one too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment