Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Books in Review - Dangerous to Know and Love


I've been looking through all the books I own to see if there are any worth re-reading because I'm almost positive I'm going to get in trouble if I keep buying books at the rate I do. Luckily I remembered about this little gem I read last year. The book's called Dangerous to Know and Love by Jane Harvey-Berrick. 

The book starts with freshman Lisanne Maclaine, settling into college life, away from home for the first time. Daniel Colton, the brooding freshman on campus, throws "stay away" vibes left and right. Paired together for a class project Daniel and Lisanne study in the library one day when Lisanne guesses his biggest secret. Determined for it to stay that way, Daniel has to trust Lisanne to keep it.

Building a relationship despite wild pasts, wilder brothers, and protective parents, Daniel and Lisanne move through their first semester at college. Lisanne's decision to study and perform music plays a pivotal role Daniel's decision to change, who has reluctantly accepted his life. 

The repeated phrase, "I hear you," is beautifully sewn into the story. I like that the story builds and they fall into this new budding relationship but work to overcome obstacles. I love the book and I would recommend it, hands down. Definitely SPLURGE ON IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment