Saturday, April 12, 2014

Books in Review: Shattered Hearts


This is the first time I've read an Octavia Wildwood book and I'm happy to say that I'm pleasantly surprised. Shattered Hearts focuses on a woman named Amanda. Running away from an abusive boyfriend, she lands in LA where she put her life back together. Ready for a change she heads to a small farm in Minnesota where she meets Maggie and her brother, Nate. Trying to keep the farm up and running while paying for his sister's college classes, Nate struggles over the untimely death of his parents.

Amanda quickly learns how to be a farmhand while helping rehabilitate an abused horse. Haunted by her past, she falters when she develops feelings for Nate. Mistaking her mixed signals as "mind games" Nate reluctantly puts some distance between them until one night he learns the truth about her past. 

While the book ends with a seemingly happily ever after, it's perfectly set up to continue the story in Shattered Dreams. I'm intrigued enough that I'm going to buy it and read on. I'd definitely say SPLURGE ON IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment