Friday, April 11, 2014

Books in Review: Everlasting Sin



Let me start by saying that I've read other J.S. Cooper books before, namely the Forever Love Series: The Last Boyfriend, The Other Side of Love, and Before Lucky. I should've known better with Everlasting Sin

I read the preview that's available on Amazon's website and was intrigued. But at $3.99 and 275 pages, I thought it'd be worth it. 

Hudson and Riley have known each other since they were nine and six, respectively. They've been in love with each other for just as long. But neither is willing to admit it to the other. A tragedy 11 years later leaves them devastated and Hudson broken after a night they spend together. After four years of radio silence, they meet at a gym where Hudson is training to compete in a fight worth $1,000,000. Hudson is at odds with their reunion, struggling to let Riley live her life without his demons while desperately wanting to be with her. 

Unfortunately, the story doesn't seem to flow. Don't get me wrong, the story line flows, I just feel that the writing isn't polished. I generally like the premises of Cooper's stories, I just wish they were longer or focused on one aspect to develop it more. If I were you, I'd SAVE IT

I mentioned to one of my coworkers that I read about five books a week and he was shocked. Now, granted they're romance novels, but they're still books. How do people just not find reading enjoyable? How can they not get caught up in the characters?

No comments:

Post a Comment