Thursday, October 31, 2013

Tunetastic Thursday - Boyce Avenue featuring Fifth Harmony "Mirrors"

Back to your regularly scheduled program...

I've been hearing about the YouTube Video Music Awards for a while now. But I kept forgetting to vote. Honestly I was a little daunted by the number of songs I would have to watch for some of the categories. Thankfully, YouTube had snippets of the songs that I could listen to and judge from. The only downside to voting is that you have to share either on Facebook, Google+, or Twitter. I did Google+ just because I don't follow many people and many people don't follow me. Sorry friends, you just got music video spammed.

In looking through all the videos, I stumbled upon a cover by Boyce Avenue. Now, when "Mirrors" first came out, I listened to it about fifteen hundred times in a row. Ryan was not happy. Especially because after about the fifth time, I become a duo with Justin and we're singing together. When I found Boyce Avenue's cover with Fifth Harmony, we became Boyce Avenue and Sixth Harmony. Love it. I hope you do too.


If you've never heard of Fifth Harmony (which if you've never watched X Factor is probable) they have a couple songs out - which, as a warning, are catchy - but have done a few collaborations including this one. Thus far, I haven't included any covers, even though I think Iron and Wine's version of "Love Vigilantes" is better than New Order's, but I like this version a lot.

Do you have any songs where you enjoy the cover better than the original? If you ask my husband he'd say he likes Marilyn Manson's "Tainted Love" over Soft Cell's version. I can't say I agree, but I'll give props to Manson for a pretty good cover. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment