Friday, October 18, 2013

Good Things to Come

Ryan is quickly recovering from his wisdom teeth removal. While I made him a delicious potato chowder, he quickly realized he wanted "real" solid and warm food. He was eating popcorn chicken and waffles two days after the surgery. Soon he'll be back to his old habits and snacks. I'm sure he can't wait.

Last weekend, I raided my parents house again for something to upcycle. I found a french provincial night stand that I plan on painting and possibly distressing. Be sure to look out for that blog soon. It may continue to be a a night stand but there's a chance it's being changed into something resembling a wine cabinet. Although, my mom did warn me that whatever I do to this one, when she finds it's mate, I'll have to redo the other one in similar fashion. We'll see where it ends up.

I also have an old soda crate that I stole saved from the basement. It has probably 30 years worth of dust, grime, and oil stains on it. All it needs is some extra quality time with a mouse sander. I however, need to remember to use a face mask. Blowing my nose afterwards was slightly horrifying when the tissue is pretty much black. I've spent about 30 minutes so far and will probably spend another 30 sanding it again. Then I'll give it a good hose down and put an extra special stamp on the side.

Last, but not least. Ryan has the beginning of his keezer. Don't know what that is? Well, I'm kind enough to let you know that it's a freezer, modified to fit kegs in it. So Ryan can finally begin to keg his beer. However, since we bartered this bad boy off craigslist, it's not the prettiest freezer among the bunch. Needless to say, I have a plan for it. Ryan's vetoed the idea of a bead board jacket but we'll figure it out together. THAT blog will most likely not be up for a while. While I'm sure we'll be kegging soon, I don't have enough time to make it look pretty right now.

So I hope you're sticking with me. Do you have any projects going on right now? What's keeping you busy?


No comments:

Post a Comment