Saturday, November 2, 2013

Happy November!

November 1st starts my favorite time of the year. I absolutely love the holidays because it means family, fun, and food. (I'm really big on the food part.) Growing up we would put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving, until we started getting real ones. Then I met my husband and I learned his mom put up their (first) tree on November 1st. I didn't even know you could do that! But she did it, so I could do it. Here's what I spent the majority of my day doing.


I'm pretty sure most people think I'm crazy but I really love to decorate for Christmas. It immediately makes me feel at home and it makes the apartment seem so cozy - not just because it's more cluttered than normal either. Fun little story, last year when I was voting, my neighbor was a volunteer signing you in. She told me how beautiful my tree looked from the window. Of course, I thanked her. The woman behind me wasn't as appreciative. She said, "I can't believe you have your tree up already! It's not even Thanksgiving!" I wish I had told her to stuff it.

Even though my house looks like Santa came and ransacked the place, I still have a printable suitable for the rest of you who aren't as ready for Christmas. A friendly little reminder, it's only 52 days away.


When do you start your holiday decorating? When you do, is your theme "go big or go home?"



No comments:

Post a Comment