Thursday, September 5, 2013

Tunetastic Thursday - New Order "Love Vigilantes"

I believe this is a fitting song as our President lobbies for a strike in Syria this week. It's hard to imagine that we ended an eight year war a little less than two years ago and another war, nearly twelve years long, is still going on. I don't want to get political or anything like that. I'll just leave you with some great lyrics.



Iron and Wine also does a fantastic cover of "Love Vigilantes" by New Order. It's a little more mellow and might make you think a bit more. I know I will and then I'll say a quick "thank you" to all the troops that protect us and are on the front lines. Then I'll say a quick prayer that they'll make it home at the end of their tour.

What's on your play list this week? Do you have songs that remind you of current events? What about songs that go along to some of your memories? Feel free to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment