Thursday, October 3, 2013

Tunetastic Thursday - Arctic Monkeys "Do I Wanna Know?"

I've been tricked. Again. I may not have mentioned this before, but I'm not a fan of the Arctic Monkeys. Until now of course. What is with all these terrible bands coming up with great music?! (I'm not really upset over this. I mean who, in their right mind, would be?) I'm putting my foot down, though. Once Arcade Fire gives me a good song, I'm just throwing everything out the window and listening to Polka.

EQX has been playing a TON of new music. I was listening with Ryan in the car and this song came on. It was so catchy that I had to know what it was. Ryan was more than delighted to find out who it was - just another little rub of my nose in it. I was in disbelief. But with "basic rock song structures, a subtle use of vocal harmony, mild rhythmic syncopation, minor key tonality and melodic songwriting" how can you go wrong? Would it be wrong to call it almost campy?



What do you think? What's been on repeat on your music device of choice?

No comments:

Post a Comment