Thursday, September 26, 2013

What's that got to do with the price of tea in China?

Tonight, the hubbs and I went to Hobby Lobby to pick up a book for his mom. We're meeting them this weekend for dinner and since we have one in the area she asked us to stop by.

Now, there's an elusive wooden "L" that's never stocked. Apparently it's a popular letter. So when we got into the store we had a conversation that went like this:

A: "Oooo, maybe they'll have the "L"."
R: "No, we're not getting an "L"."
A: "Why not?"
R: "Why do you want one?"
A: "Because our last name is LaBarge."
R: "What's that got to do with it?"
A: *mimicking* "What's that got to do with the price of tea in China?"

And then we started laughing and continued to look for the book. We couldn't find it right away so Ryan went one way and I went the other. On my journey I found my "L"! I also found the book. Ryan, of course, not being adept in the layout of Hobby Lobby turned up empty handed. As we were walking to front of the store we had another conversation:

R: "What else do you have there."
A: "The "L" I was talking about."
R: ""L"? I thought you wanted an elf."
A: "What elf?"
R: "The shelf elf thing. That you move around."
A: "The elf on the shelf? No, I mean I do want one. But I wanted to "L" for the door. Did you think I was saying I wanted an elf?"
R. "Yea."
A: *laughing* "I was saying I wanted the "L". Now our earlier conversation makes much more sense."

I mean our last name being LaBarge might have well been a good reason to get an elf on the shelf...but it would take some explaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment