Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tuesday Traveler - Columbus, Ohio

One of the really neat things about my job (or maybe it's the company) is that I can be a part of the guest auditor program. The program allows finance professionals to join the internal audit team on various audits around the world. Last week I was selected to go to Columbus to help the team with annual SOX audits. Not the most exciting thing ever, but I get to travel. I'm hoping next year I'll be able to travel some place exciting like Termoli, Italy or Leverkusen, Germany.

The one downside to traveling to Columbus is that the folks I work with there are based there so at night I'm on my own. I don't know about you, but there's nothing more awkward than "table for one, please." I did get to eat at some fantastic places for dinner and I managed to check out the Columbus Art Museum. Here's some photos of my adventures.

The awesome light show when switching terminals in Detroit.

Dinner at Milestone 229.

View from dinner overlooking John W. Galbreath Bicentennial Park

A walk down the Scioto Mile.

What city wouldn't think like this?

Dessert at Barley's Brewing - Crème brûlée with grand mariner? Yum!

Dessert at Due Amici - S'more

When all you bring are short sleeved tops, finding a random space heater is a God send.

The Columbus Art Museum.

Right there in the middle of Downtown, there's these great older buildings, just hiding out amongst the skyscrapers.

Goodnight Colombus! It's been real.

Have you been to Columbus before? What did you do when you were there? I'm sure I'll be back there again and I'd love to try something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment