Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wonderful Wednesdays - Game Night for Two

This past weekend I relaxed. And it was pretty wonderful. I'm trying to work on enjoying life more. Part of that I believe is playing games with friends and family. I tend to get...competitive and not in a good way. There's no good natured  trash talk. There's just me, getting pissed, throwing cards, and other game objects. This is why I haven't played canasta in about five years. In general, I try to avoid those situations. But I want to play; I want to have fun. Thankfully, I have Ryan. He knows exactly how I get. So I asked him to give me a chance and for us to have some fun.

It was awesome. We ordered a pizza, had a couple drinks, played card games, and played Jenga. Ryan even taught me a new game, Pitch. The game we played the most was Palace, which apparently is also called Shithead. Playing the game, I completely understand, ha!

We're going to have to do game night a lot more often because it was a blast. Now, I'll leave you with some pictures from Jenga:

no smiles, just concentration

something obviously wasn't going well


just tap, tap, tap it out

right before it all fell down

What's in your game night repertoire? Are you more serious or do you like to just goof around?

No comments:

Post a Comment