Thursday, September 12, 2013

Tunetastic Thursday - Coldplay "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall"

I have to admit, I HATED Coldplay. I loathed them. I thought the were terrible and whiny and mellow-dramatic. I mean, you've heard "The Scientist" and "Yellow," right? Ugh, they were just awful. But being who I am, I give bands chances again and again. So I put up with some more singles and then, then I was wonderfully and splendidly surprised! "Viva la Vida" (the song) changed my perspective on the Brits! They had an upbeat and catchy song! So firstly, thank you Coldplay for coming out with that song - you have pulled me to the darkside. You're not the awful, horrible band I said you were. That still won't change the fact that I'm never listening to those two other songs again, EVER.

Secondly, I think that Coldplay's "Mylo Xyloto" may just be in my list of favorite albums. With songs like "Paradise," "Charlie Brown," and this week's song "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall," what's not to like?! The video is pretty awesome too. It makes me want to graffiti paint some murals on buildings. It makes me wonder who thought up this crazy, awesome video and just how they pulled it off. I can't even imagine the planning that goes behind this. Without further ado, enjoy!


What band did you give a second chance to and were pleasantly surprised? Did one of your favorite bands ever disappoint you with their latest single or album? Tell me about it. I might just pick your song for next week's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment