Thursday, August 29, 2013

Tunetastic Thursday - Erick Baker "Unbroken Promise"

For some reason, I've been in a really lovey state of mind. I find that music tends to exacerbates moods and feelings. Naturally, I have been listening to just that type of music. Or at least music that has "mellow instrumentation, folk influences, acoustic sonority, a twelve-eight time signature and repetitive melodic phrasing." (Thanks Pandora for the descriptors.)

I've been a member of Pandora for quite a while. I joined when I was in college and have really enjoyed the music it's opened me up to. When I was planning my wedding, I first heard about Ray LaMontagne. Like with most good music I initially listen to, I become obsessed and listen to songs/artists on repeat until I hate them. I saw a meme once that described my process to a "T."


But I always come back 'round. Which brings me back to the oldie but goodie, my Ray LaMontagne station. Of course they play him, but they also play great artists like Amos Lee (who I've seen live - awesome!), the Head & the Heart, Bill Withers, and Van Morrison. One person I hear every now and again is Erick Baker. The song "Unbroken Promise" is really good and I love the way it makes me feel. Then again, who wouldn't want a man to sing them promises of the best love and plans for the rest of your life? I've shared the station here so you can enjoy the mix too.


What's on your playlist this week? Do you listen to music to put or keep you in a certain mood? What puts you in a happy place?

No comments:

Post a Comment