Thursday, August 8, 2013

Tunetastic Thursday - Capital Cities "Kangaroo Court"

Well, it's not the day I'd hope to post about this but that's fine. Starting today, and on Thursdays from now on, I'll post about a cool new band or song that I've been completely obsessed with. Believe me when I say it happens often. Some of the recent song obsessions have been, "Mirrors" by Justin Timberlake, "Royals" by Lorde, and "Love Somebody" by Maroon 5. Speaking of which, have you seen that video?! Holy crap.

My music taste is all over the place. Some country, alternative, rock, R&B, and pop. I'm always up for listening to something new. It might take me a few listens to get into the music, but I get there eventually. Sometimes. Occasionally. My husband introduced me to my favorite band, The Decemberists, who I first didn't like because I thought Colin Meloy's voice was too whiny. I mean, some people could still consider it whiny, so to each their own. Then after listening to them periodically over a year (yes, a year), they slowly snuck their way to the top where they still sit. Go on tour already would you! I need to see you live.

Even though my commute is now seven minutes long, I still like to listen to the radio for music in the mornings and in the afternoons on my ride home. The first channel that is inevitably on is EQX. If you like alternative (and eventual top 40), this is most assuredly the station for you. It's broadcast out of Manchester, VT and reaches the capital district in New York but you can stream it online. New music is always on, including national and local artists. It's fantastic. 

Without further adieu, here's the song of the week. "Kangaroo Court" by Capital Cities. It's a new single off their debut album, "In a Tidal Wave of Mystery." I first heard their "Safe and Sound" track, which is now on most top 40 stations. Go EQX for always being ahead of the curve (seriously love those guys)! It's an awesome song and even though there's no official music video it's great to listen to, bob your head to, and lip sync in the car to. The video for "Safe and Sound" is neat though, be sure to check that out as well.



I hope you like the song. Share your favorite band or song of the moment; I'd love to listen to something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment