Saturday, November 1, 2014

I'm Going Bananas

First, I want to say "Happy dating Anniversary" to Ryan. These past seven years have been all the better with you in them. I'm not quite sure how we made it through two years of long distance, but I'm really glad we did. I love you, cutie.

I'm usually all over celebrating little things, like today, but I definitely had no time to get him a card or little gift. Although, I did him a six pack for Halloween yesterday. A six pack of Reese's pumpkins that is. He declined to bring them up North where we are this weekend to celebrate his sister's birthday. I think it's because he wants to horde them all to himself. 

Now, since we're in the North Country, I see Ryan side-by-side with Craig, his dad. I am totally convinced Ryan is going to be exactly like him when we have kids. I often call him Craig 2.0 and there's a clear reason.


No, it's not because they're nearly identical. As I'm typing this, Craig said, "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while." The same exact phrase Ryan uttered at a golfing tournament a few weeks ago when a guy in the group ahead of us hit a really nice shot. 

Earlier today, Craig was walking around the kitchen talking about bananas. Literally. I think it's his life goal to either make you laugh or drive you insane. If you ask Tammy, his wife, it's the latter. Ask Ryan? The first one. 

Then Craig started talking about how he says goodbye to his bananas in the morning. He looks at 'em, waves, and says, "I'm going, bananas." He must've said it five times with varying degrees of comma, no comma. I have so much to look forward to over the next fifty years or so.

In other news, Happy Daylight Savings tonight! I hope you enjoy your extra hour of sleep. Or partying whatever you choose to do. I'll be sleeping. Because that's one of my priorities. If you ask Craig what he'll be doing? He'll set the alarm for 2am, set the time back, and sleep for the extra forty-five minutes...

And if you believed that, you're as dumb as me. Happy November!

No comments:

Post a Comment