Monday, November 17, 2014

There's Something in the Water

Seriously, there must be. I feel like everyone and their sister is pregnant. And I'm going to rant a little bit about that in 3, 2, 1...

One of my coworker's wife just had twins (he's younger than me and the new babies make five). Ugh. The other week Ryan and I went to a jack and jill baby shower for a friend (who got married a year ago) where there were four other pregnant people, and a brand new baby. Two of those other pregnant women are also our mutual friends from bowling and also were married after Ryan and I. Double ugh.

To top it off, my closest cousin, and one of my best friends, had a baby this morning! A mere fourteen and a half months after her wedding. Sigh

Don't get me wrong, I'm so very happy for all of them, but I have this extreme case of envy. I can hear my ovaries cry over all the cuteness that's not happening to me right now. 

I feel like I should get an award for reluctantly making it through three years of marriage without getting knocked up. Can I please get something? Paying off student debt and competing in triathlons doesn't seem like an even trade off.

C'est la vie, I guess. It would just be great if I wasn't surrounded by freaking baby shit. How do you hold up against this kind of stuff? It doesn't have to be the situation, but tell me you can relate. Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment