Thursday, November 14, 2013

Tunetastic Thursday - Ron Pope "Home Again"

Have you missed me? I've certainly missed you. Desperately, in fact. Every night I've been craving to write to you. Tonight I just so happen to have a free thirty minutes. Life is rough sometimes.

I've started listening to music on my phone at work. At my old job, I would either listen to EQX live or listen to one of my stations on Pandora. Since I work for a chemical company (even though the division I'm in isn't chemical related) they block pretty much everything that's fun. Including streaming media sites. The jerkwads. So I've been forced to download music and upload it to my phone in order to get into my work zone. This leads me to listen to the same few artists over and over again and songs get played repetitively. (As I'm writing this, the song this week has been playing about ten times in a row)

You might know Ron Pope from his song "Drop in the Ocean" or "I Believe." That first one makes me immediately skip it - he gets REALLY whiny in it. No thanks. I really enjoy this week's song. The music is easy listening, the lyrics are swoon-worthy (at least to me), and I love it when a song breaks down and I can clap my hands. Maybe I'm just still in that mood, but the song reminds me of how Ryan has been with me through ups and downs. No matter what - where he is, I'm home.

So Rye,
I'll be there when your days are long,
Hold you up if you don't feel strong,
Light your way when the dark comes in,
And when you're lost, I'll lead you home again.
Love you cutie.


No comments:

Post a Comment