Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Week Late and Always a Dollar Short

Let me just start by saying my husband hates Halloween. I, on the other hand, like it. I would even like to have a party one year. He shuts that idea down faster than a bottle of cider can explode when pasteurized. (More on that another day). I don't even know why, but ever since he's had the option to not celebrate it or not go trick or treating he's been saying "no." 

This year, our friends, Andrea and Mike, invited us to the Halloween parade in their neighborhood. We were encouraged to dress up. If a parade is a foreign concept to you, it's pretty much the fire trucks come turn on their lights and sirens and we walk behind it from one cul-de-sac to the other. At the end there's candy, cupcakes, pictures with the fire truck, and milling around with your neighbors.

I said yes before Ryan even heard about it. I also volunteered that we would both be in costume. The day before the parade, I remind Ryan that we're dressing up for it. He pulls out the following: a "Hello, my name is..." tag with "Bruce Banner - don't make me angry." Normal clothes, that sticker - bam - that's his costume. I was at least a little more creative. I dressed in my lab coat, hard hat, safety glasses, and boots from work to be a production employee. Here's us looking our finest.



And yes, if you can tell, the safety glasses went OVER my normal glasses. Amazing, I know. 

Thursday, finally comes around and Ryan's friends at school always dress up. He refuses aside from another "Hello, my name is..." tag. I work in an office so no dressing up for me. Added to the fact that I caught a cold - I worked from home. 

Ryan's friends however, decided to do up a Batman theme. One of them dressed up as Batman, another as the Riddler, and the other as the Joker. Batman thought up his costume first so the other two decided based on that and with the idea to play pranks on Batman, i.e. foiling his cube and stealing his N64 with "riddles" on how to find it. Here's their Halloween spirit.

a very Adam West type of Batman

really awesome renditions of the Riddler and Joker

Now, when I say foiled (talking about mathematicians) I truly mean, they foiled Batman's entire desk. They even wrote "HA" all over it. I laughed into a coughing fit over it.


That "?" card to the left was the first clue for Batman to find his N64. I wish I remembered the riddles that Ryan told me, because they were good. I'm not sure if he ever found it (or gave up and demanded it back) but clearly someone has the Halloween spirit. Maybe next year, they'll rub some more on Ryan.

That sounded terrible - but I'll leave it anyway. 

How did you celebrate your Halloween? Did you go trick or treating?

No comments:

Post a Comment