Sunday, December 21, 2014

Top Five: Christmas Songs

I think just about everyone has a list this time of year.

A list of people to send cards to. A list of cookies to make. A list of people to exchange gifts with. If you're a little person, you might have a list for Santa. 

I have a list of songs that put me into the Christmas spirit. Like, it's not Christmas until I hear each and every one of them. Here's my top five Christmas tunes:

1. The ever fun and cute, "Dominck the Donkey" by Lou Monte. 


2. The classic song by Thurl Ravenscroft, "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch."


3. Charlie Brown's "O Tannenbaum" performed by the Vince Guaraldi Trio.


4. A great collaboration is one with the Barenaked Ladies with Sarah McLachlan singing "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen / We Three Kings."


5. Last but not least, my absolute favorite. Bing and Bowie singing "Little Drummer Boy / Peace on Earth." It isn't really Christmas until I hear this gem. 


So tell me, what gets you in the spirit? 

No comments:

Post a Comment