Friday, August 29, 2014

Startin' School Off Right

This past Monday, some 17,000 students started school at SUNY Albany. One of the 4,500 grad students in attendance was none other than Ryan. As a surprise, I did a little running around to start his school year on the right foot.

I knew I wanted to get him pencils and snacks. Which meant, I needed to come up with something cute, so I wrote a poem. 
Back to School Poem
I ended up including more stuff, like the beer and batteries, to make the poem longer. As a result, I had to use my very little (alone) free time running around like a crazy person. Because if I want to run out and go to the store, Ryan perks up and we end up going together. Completely foiling my plans on secretly buying stuff. 

Thankfully I had a hair appointment and some time between work and that to speed around and search for the elusive .5mm pencils, Reese's peanut butter cups, Walmart's honey roasted peanuts (yes, he's specific), and beer. I ended up getting the beer a different day due to the stars just not aligning. And I think he would break down and cry if I ever bought him not craft. (I mentioned he's specific right?)

I gathered my supplies (I found the prettiest rock candy!) and made cute tags for them. 


Back to School Notes

Then I put them into this tomato can turned adorable pail thanks to jute, hot glue, and some of my skin that was burnt off. 


On Monday morning he woke up to find this stash, asked why I did it, and then ate eight Reese's. EIGHT. He may have has a problem. 

I think with these goodies, his year is off to a great start. 


What are you doing for your students (kids or adults) heading back to school?

No comments:

Post a Comment