Saturday, December 7, 2013

My Disney Fascination

Growing up, I saw pretty much every Disney movie there was to see. I love 'em. They're awesome. The music, amazing. I'm obsessed. Slightly. When I see things on Pinterest that relate to Disney, they immediately make me smile. 

On Thanksgiving, when  my mom brought over a game that had us match "thank you" to its corresponding language. What was one I got? "Asante sana" which is Swahili. Why? How? You might ask? ASANTE SANA SQUASHED BANANA. BAM. The Lion King. To. The. Rescue. Thank you Rafiki. Or should I say, asante sana. 

As I sit here, I've listened to the following songs:

"I'll Make a Man Out of You" - Mulan
"Be Prepared" - The Lion King
"I'll Make a Man Out of You" - Mulan
"Reflection" - Mulan
"Tale as Old as Time" - Beauty and the Beast
"A Whole New World" - Aladdin
"Once Upon a December" - Anastasia
"He Mele No Lilo" - Lilo & Stitch
"When Will My Life Begin" - Tangled
"I See the Light" - Tangled
"I Won't Say I'm in Love" - Hercules
"Colors of the Wind" - Pocahontas
"Part of Your World" - The Little Mermaid

And I'm browsing Pinterest reading things like this:




But now, I must go and stop listening to Disney music because I'm almost positive my husband's going to kill me.

What brings you back to your childhood? Is there anything that makes you smile when you see or hear someone mention it?

No comments:

Post a Comment