Saturday, September 22, 2012

Husband Appreciation Week Kickoff

Last night didn't go as planned but I think this week is off to a great start.

Ryan got a position tutoring for the NCAA at SUNY Albany. So when students need help with math, they go to my adorably intelligent husband who breathes, sleeps, and eats math. He's been working really hard on his studies which I definitely think is paying off. (Here's hoping he's funded next year!) On Thursday, Rye didn't end up getting home until 7:30pm because he was tutoring for most of the day. Last night he came home around 6:00pm after tutoring some girls in Calculus and Number Theory. So by that time he was starving and looking for food.

He was in luck because I was just finishing up some popcorn. I made four types: (from left to right) Milk Chocolate Peanut Popcorn, Parmesan Cheese Popcorn, Traditional Buttered Popcorn, and then Cinnabun Popcorn.


As soon as he saw them he dug right in. His favorite? The Cinnabun Popcorn. It was especially delicious. While they were good they weren't enough to get us full so Rye made us grilled cheeses with our homemade bread. All of our meat is frozen so unless we plan ahead - which sometimes doesn't happen - we eat something quick and easy. 

By the time we were done with dinner, we were both pretty beat and thought if we dropped off my car to the shop (I needed an inspection) we could come home and just relax. Well, nothing is ever that simple. One of my headlights was out for a few weeks so not knowing whether that would fail the inspection we wanted to get a new bulb. An hour later after not having the right size socket to take the bolts out - the light only needed to be tightened. At this point it was 7:50pm and I thought if we're already not going to watch Criminal Minds - we might as well get the hose Ryan wants so we can brew on Sunday. After dropping my car off we went out to Latham and to get the garden hose from Home Depot. I also picked up some knobs for the finished dresser, which I'll highlight in another post. 

When we finally got home, we broke out some beer and wine and talked with friends until 2am. Google Hangout and Mumble are probably some of the best things out there to hangout with friends who live across the country. 

I'll leave you with Ryan's latest Craigslist find that arrived this morning for a cool $50. He's one huge step closer to the kegerator he's been dreaming of. Now to roll up my sleeves and get working on making this 1960s GE fridge shine! (This might be a while.)


No comments:

Post a Comment