Thursday, May 8, 2014

Books in Review - Frigid


Frigid is the fourth book I've read by J. Lynn, the first three being the Wait for You series. It's a standalone book about friends Kyler and Sydney. Inseparable since kindergarten, the two have grown up together and are just finishing their final fall semester in college. Heading up to their normal winter break haunt, Snowshoe, the two are unaware of the nor'easter following closely behind. 

After arriving, they learn that their friends, caught behind the storm, can't make the journey. Alone with each other, some "unrequited" feelings, and a touch of local color, the story unfolds over a few snowy days stuck in the mountain. 

I feel akin to the book. Maybe it's because the language in the book matches words and phrases I use myself (I could probably plop right in and the words wouldn't change) or because I can relate to the age they are but I really liked the book. Definitely worth the SPLURGE

No comments:

Post a Comment