Sunday, August 12, 2012

Only you can be you

A long time ago, one of my friends showed me a video on youtube where a guy danced around and sang Katy Perry's "Peacock". It was hilarious. Mainly because he encountered a lot of men, and was dressed in various women's clothing including bikinis. Some were completely taken aback but others were good sports and laughed.

I had forgotten about him until someecards reminded me in my twitter feed. His newest video features more dancing and more women's clothing. This time the music is Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe". It's a song that I think most people have heard. Even if you haven't the repetitive lyrics and catchy music will have you humming along in no time.

For some reason I've been off lately and haven't felt much like myself. But his videos (seen under users SteveKardynal and SteveKardynal2) are pretty funny and can really change your mood. This guy marches to a different drum and doesn't care about the negative remarks and weird looks he might get. I wish I could be more like that - not being bothered by people's reaction or negative comments. It's kind of inspirational in a way. 

So I'm making a (short) list of things that motivate/inspire me. I'll use this as a reminder that if I do my best that day then it's been a pretty good day and that even if I feel disappointed, I tried and things will change.

1. No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch (in fitness).
2. Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things (in experiences). 
3. You decide every moment of every day who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance, every second (in decisions).
4. Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise (it gets better). 
5. Let it go, this too shall pass (in life).

No comments:

Post a Comment